Hello, friends! I finally stopped being lazy and looked for my camera cord which means…I can finally do my little recap of Comic-Con 2012! Read on for all the details.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features a new top ten list each week.
Books To Read In A Day
Here are books that I read in one sitting (or day) and that I could not step away from aka some of the best ones.
01. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – I don’t read a lot of YA contemporary so I was pretty sure this wouldn’t be my thing. I started it before bed thinking, “I’ll read a few pages.” Cut to 3AM or so and I had just finished and had the silliest grin on my face.
02. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – Is anyone able to put this down?! This was such an intense reading experience for me. As was Catching Fire immediately following. And Mockingjay when that was released.
03. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick – SPEAKING OF INTENSE. This book kept me up until I finished it and I was freaking out over it along the way on goodreads and twitter.
04. Angelfall by Susan Ee – Susan Ee really knows how to keep the pace going and going in her writing. So addicting!
05. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer – Yup, yup, this list would not be complete without this book. I have such vivid memories of my experience reading it: freshman year of college in my dorm, class early the next morning, running to my laptop around 4AM to order New Moon, missing class the next day…YEAH.
06. Harry Potter by JK Rowling – I read through the first four books when I was in the sixth grade and experienced the midnight releases from Order of the Phoenix onwards. Guess who stayed up all night reading them? That would be me! My all nighters started early…
07. Insignia by SJ Kincaid – My review for this one should be up soon, but I had so much fun reading this book. It.is.awesome.
08. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I had only read one other John Green book and it hadn’t quite lived up to my expectations. I randomly picked up this one and fell in love. And sobbed. And was destroyed. But I loved every second of it!
09. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand – Unearthly remains one of the best surprises for me. Despite being 400+ pages, it was not enough!
10. So many other books that I could list here: Vampire Academy books, the Fever series, most of my favorite chick lit reads… I will reserve this spot for what’s to come!
Event hosted by A Life Bound by Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, and Two Chicks On Books
There are soooo many books that I’m looking forward to in 2012, but here are some from my WoW posts and other randomness.
• Insurgent by Veronica Roth – Um, duh. If you’ve already read Divergent, then I need no further explanation.
• For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund – Another cover that I love but…Persuasion retelling! In space!
• Insignia by S.J. Kincaid – Lucky me, I already have this waiting for me on my shelf and I’m 99% sure it will be the first book of 2012 for me. It sounds fantastic and I can’t wait to dive in.
• This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers – Zombies and a main character that has lost the will to live? Yes, please!
• Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – I only just read Graceling and Fire recently, but I’ve fallen in love with the world Cashore created. I’m excited to hopefully see some familiar faces again (Po!) and I’m dreading learning more about that creepy mofo, Leck.
• Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver – ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that, Lauren Oliver is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes — this is no exception.
• Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson – This sounds like it has a different edge from the usual dysoptian reads so I’m eager to see if this is true. Plus, that cover!
• Partials by Dan Wells – I’ve only read good reviews for this one and it sounds so.damn.awesome. Let’s hope it meets my expectations!
• The Selection by Kiera Cass – Royalty and intrigue! I’m hoping I will devour this one.
Other books I’m looking forward to (lots of sequels!):
• Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
• Rebel Heart by Moira Young
• Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2 by Laini Taylor
• Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
• Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
• Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick
• Fever by Lauren DeStefano
• Penryn & the End of Days #2 by Susan Ee
• Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
• Revived by Cat Patrick
• Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
• The Twelve by Justin Cronin
….and only a ton more.
Anything I should add to the list? What are you looking forward to?
In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren that allows us to share the books we’ve received during the week via our purchases, review copies, library checkouts, borrowing from friends, etc.
I haven’t actually bought/received that much, but I haven’t done an IMM since the end of October, so I thought I would go ahead and do one now. My haul:
• The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y.S. Lee (for review) – Mary! James! Cialina’s buzz post made me 100x more excited for this. Can’t wait!
• Insignia by S.J. Kincaid (won/for review) – I featured this in a WoW post a while back AND I’m the first person S.J. Kincaid has signed a book for. How cool is that?! I want to read this RIGHTTHISSECOND, but it’s a 2012 debut so I’m going to try to hold out a few weeks.
• The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa (purchased) – My review is here.
• The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour (won/for review)
• The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder (purchased)
• Legend by Marie Lu (purchased) – Finished copy for a book I adored! My review is here.
• Pure by Julianna Baggott (for review) – Such a crazy and amazing read! Also, this book gave me a heart attack when I opened it, haha. My review will be up next year.
• Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (purchased) – If you’ve followed the blog this year, you know how badly I’ve wanted this book. It was SO.EFFING.GOOD. My review will be up soon!
• This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel (purchased) – Frankenstein! Plus, the Kindle edition is only $1.99. Get on that, people!
• Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (for review) – One of my most anticipated titles for sure and another 2012 deb.
• Everneath by Brodi Ashton (for review) – My review is here.
• Larkstorm by Dawn Rae Miller (for review) – Read my review here and you can now find the book available on amazon, smashwords, etc. Check it out!
• Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (for review) – Dragons! + 2012 debut
Thank you to Candlewick, S.J. Kincaid, LibraryThing, Julianna Baggott, Dawn Rae Miller, and Netgalley! What’s in your mailbox this week?