Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, here is my first time participating in Top Ten Tuesday.
Top 10 Books That Broke Your Heart A Little
I’m an emotional freak, I cry over just about everything, but here are the ten books that immediately came to mind (in no particular order):
01. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I just posted my review for this one recently, but I will repeat myself: I was sooo overwhelmed by the combination of feeling so much happiness and sadness at the same time. Beautiful, beautiful book.
02. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness – If you’ve read this book then you probably know what scene left me feeling so drained. I actually had to step away from reading for a while because I was crying too much. If I even think about it, I feel teary, ahhhhhhhh.
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – This book is pretty much the definition of heartbreak. Enough said.
04. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver – Lauren Oliver is an author that always makes me cry and this is the first time she managed to get those tears flowing out of my eyes. It was an incredible journey with Sam and YEAH…tears.
05. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – Yes, this had some sad moments, but it mostly broke my heart because it was so perfect. Does that even make sense? Whatever, go with it. I was weeping when it was over.
06. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness – I feel the same way about this book that I do The Book Thief: it is so brutal and brilliant and leaves me needing someone to hold me while I sob uncontrollably.
07. Where She Went by Gayle Forman – Tears were expected with If I Stay, but they were out of control with this one. Adam was a tornado of emotions and Gayle Forman did such an amazing job in having the reader experience them with him.
08. The Amber by Spyglass by Phillip Pullman – IF YOU DID NOT CRY OVER THAT ENDING, YOU ARE NOT HUMAN. No, but really, it is devastating.
09. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – If you’ve seen the movie then you have an idea of how touching the material is. And yet the book was 100x more affecting; I grew to love the characters so, so much.
10. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – This book was hella depressing. It was bleak and my favorite died. Really, I felt so gutted reading this book.
Did any of my picks make your list? What books broke your heart?