Event hosted by A Life Bound by Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, and Two Chicks On Books
Yay for an opportunity to be shallow! Here are some of the pretties that caught my eye this year:
• The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – This has a huge “DUH” marked all over it. Like many of you, I was absolutely wowed when the cover was released and I’m curious to see if the cover for Mara #2 will be as gorgeous.
• Larkstorm by Dawn Rae Miller – The artwork alone is different from everything else, but I also fell in love with the soft colors and the typeface. So pretty!
• Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma – A perfectly atmospheric cover for this haunting book.
• Blood Red Road by Moira Young – Sparse and simple and yet it really captures the scene in the novel with the desert and sandstorms. Even more gorgeous in person with the title texture, too!
• Across the Universe by Beth Revis – Isn’t Beth Revis the luckiest with this cover? Definitely another one that merits a “Duh.”
• Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake – Spooky and I love the dashes of red. A perfect fit for the book!
• Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver – It’s easy to imagine how stunning this is in person, right? Oh, it is.
• Entwined by Heather Dixon – One of the many “girl in pretty dress” covers this year, but this is my favorite.
• The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – Some may say this is too simple, but I say it’s classy. Definitely one of the more mature covers in YA.
• This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel – I haven’t read this book so I can’t say how well it fits — though probably not very well since it received a redesign — but there’s something about it that I find very aesthetically pleasing.
What are you favorite covers this year? Are there any that you agree or disagree with me on?