Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features a new top ten list each week.
Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List
• Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken: Technically cheating with this one, since I already read it, but I’m counting it as a summer read, okay? This was one of the BEA books I had to have and it was so, so amazing. MY TEARS BECAME A SEA BECAUSE OF THIS BOOK.
• Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas: Another kind of cheat, since I’m in the middle of reading it now, and I’ll probably be done with it by the time this post goes live, but… THIS BOOK AND THESE CHARACTERS. Sarah J. Maas has so many amazing elements in her world that I sometimes want to explode from the greatness.
• Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead: After devouring her Dark Swan series, I am eager to find out what else Richelle Mead has up her sleeve in her adult books. She has yet to disappoint me with anything she’s written.
• Vortex by S.J. Kincaid Humor, charming characters, and action, what’s not to want? Insignia was an amazing read for me last year and I’m very excited that my return to the Pentagonal Spire with these characters is less than a month away.
• Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor: Yeeeeeeeaaaaah, I don’t know why I haven’t read this yet, either. I’m judging myself, don’t worry. This will be fixed immediately.
• The Bitter Kindgom by Rae Carson: My LIFE will be a bitter kingdom when this series comes to an end, but this book is a top priority as it is one of my absolute favorite series.
• These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I was looking forward to this one before BEA, but holding the pretty book in my hands increased my excitement. Yay for spaceliners and being stranded on an unknown planet!
• Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: I featured this in a WoW post prior to its release, then got my hands on a galley, saw all the glowing praise…AND I STILL HAVEN’T READ IT. So, yeah, it must be done, especially since I have the companion waiting for me now, too.
• More Than This by Patrick Ness: This won’t be released until later this summer, but I’m already very anxious for it. I’ll dread every moment and end up sobbing my eyes out (it’s Patrick Ness, after all), but I’ll love every second of it.
• The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan: Late to the party, I know, but after hearing Rick Riordan speak at the BEA Children’s Author Breakfast I was all, “Okay, I need to read his books.” My brother and friends love the Percy Jackson series so clearly I am missing out, right?
What are you reading this summer? Am I missing something from my list? Should I bump anything up to the very top?