Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features a new top ten list each week.
Books To Read In A Day
Here are books that I read in one sitting (or day) and that I could not step away from aka some of the best ones.
01. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – I don’t read a lot of YA contemporary so I was pretty sure this wouldn’t be my thing. I started it before bed thinking, “I’ll read a few pages.” Cut to 3AM or so and I had just finished and had the silliest grin on my face.
02. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – Is anyone able to put this down?! This was such an intense reading experience for me. As was Catching Fire immediately following. And Mockingjay when that was released.
03. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick – SPEAKING OF INTENSE. This book kept me up until I finished it and I was freaking out over it along the way on goodreads and twitter.
04. Angelfall by Susan Ee – Susan Ee really knows how to keep the pace going and going in her writing. So addicting!
05. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer – Yup, yup, this list would not be complete without this book. I have such vivid memories of my experience reading it: freshman year of college in my dorm, class early the next morning, running to my laptop around 4AM to order New Moon, missing class the next day…YEAH.
06. Harry Potter by JK Rowling – I read through the first four books when I was in the sixth grade and experienced the midnight releases from Order of the Phoenix onwards. Guess who stayed up all night reading them? That would be me! My all nighters started early…
07. Insignia by SJ Kincaid – My review for this one should be up soon, but I had so much fun reading this book. It.is.awesome.
08. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I had only read one other John Green book and it hadn’t quite lived up to my expectations. I randomly picked up this one and fell in love. And sobbed. And was destroyed. But I loved every second of it!
09. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand – Unearthly remains one of the best surprises for me. Despite being 400+ pages, it was not enough!
10. So many other books that I could list here: Vampire Academy books, the Fever series, most of my favorite chick lit reads… I will reserve this spot for what’s to come!